mc.minedlands.com

New Spawn Open on PvE Server!

Keep up to date with all the latest info about Minedlands.

Re: New Spawn Open on PvE Server!

Postby ppajjuri » Wed May 27, 2015 4:04 am

I could definitely see Eveimei's idea as beneficial. I think one of the major concerns about the pocket world concept is the player interaction and how player's don't have a common area to meet besides the spawn area. Also, areas like New Era are laggy as heck and many people dislike how crowded the area is, but I think New Era is one of the most successful ideas in terms of player interaction. Eveimei's idea would allow players to build near each other with size moderation by the mods and the builds could be publicly accessed and viewed. Also, player shops could be properly managed in a public area such as the idea and as long as players don't have autoshops to sell while they are offline the shops in the area should be beneficial. The only other way to sell would be to meet at spawn or to do group invite to a pocket world and sell at the pocket world itself.

In short I support the idea and think anyone who supports the idea should post as well, and if not but have other ideas similar should also contribute to Eveimei's idea.
ppajjuri

Postby Cyborg27XA » Wed May 27, 2015 5:54 am

I think Eveimei's idea is a great one and solve's the cultural component in all of this.
Cyborg27XA

Postby chrisfallis » Thu May 28, 2015 7:44 pm

I really like the idea of a modest town house in a well planned city. This would give me a place to store a few things and build something esthetically pleasing where other players could see it. I would save my cobble boxes, spawners, farms, etc. for a place far from the madding crowd, hopefully in a lightly populated pocket world.

I would respectfully disagree with the banning of auto shops. I have purchased many enchanted axes, picks and some rare materials from a couple of the New Era shops. I wanted to buy these items when the shop owners were offline but their auto shops were always open. I have also conducted many more in person trades/donations where i met the other player at spawn. That happened a lot where I was at home and I could quickly TP to spawn and then back home again. If I was a 10-15 minute walk/boat/rail trip from home, I would not participate. I don't think this extreme travel time would be a real issue in a 1000 x 1000 pocket world
chrisfallis

Postby ILoveGadgets » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:55 pm

Eveimei's description is pretty much exactly how I imagined a vanilla PVE town would work.

I had thought of using a plugin to generate streets, but really hand built roads and paths would look a million times better.

Eveimei is quite right about banning redstone contraptions like auto farms, and auto shops, and banning mob farms - do your grinding in a pocket world.

I appreciate what chrisfallis says about players being off-line, but the problem with vanilla contraptions is that just by walking past them, within the chunk loading range set for the server, they will consume CPU time and network packets, you don't even have to be close to it.

Same goes for auto farms of any kind and all grinders and sorting systems using hoppers. They cause lag, they just can't help it.

Short term solution is to go back to the kind of person to person trading we used to do all the time.

Long term solution is a shop plugin - an item based one like Shopkeepers is better than an economy based one like most chest shops for the vanilla feel and being more immersive.

Approved players, can build a shop, request a Shopkeeper and be given a villager egg to place one in their shop and configure it.

That way we can have a nice shopping district with offline trading of items in real shops with actual shopkeepers, much better than signs and chests and uses the vanilla villager trading mechanic. Other mob models can be specified, so you can have a skelleton selling bows and arrows, a witch selling potions and brewing supplies, an iron gloem selling iron armour and tools, a pig selling pork chops, etc.

Players would have to check in regularly and keep their shops stocked, neglected shops can be deleted.

As a bonus, the plugin is fully compatible with Rebalance Villagers, which would make the server less flooded with items traded from villagers which would keep the player to player economy strong. I know some people would hate it, but the plugin can also turn off vanilla villager trading.
ILoveGadgets

Postby llndzn » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:43 am

What is the ip to connect to the server???
llndzn

Postby Cyborg27XA » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:35 am

One thing I was thinking about today was the topic of Biomes.

it would seem that each pocket world would fall under 1-2 biomes at the time - hills, extreme hills or beach / ocean
Perhaps their are combos of jungle, beach, ocean.

My point is that if I'm in a world that is extreme hills because I like to build in mountains, and let's say home 2 is in the plains to get horses and livestock - how do I get to the red mesa biome?

Keep entering the yellow portal with a nether chest - hoping it randomly dumps me there, because we know the pocket worlds have boundaries that you can't explore past.

Thoughts?
Cyborg27XA

Postby Cyborg27XA » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:48 am

/bump This is something I'd like to hear more about from the staff and from the community but if no one has anything to say that is cool - it just seems like a big issue - unless there are warps that take you to the biome you need - but that's not very survivalish.
Cyborg27XA

Postby chrisfallis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:34 pm

I too am concerned about finding some rare materials in any given pocket world. For instance, if I want packed ice from the very rare ice plans biome, how do I find that? In the present world I go on walkabout and 15K meters later, I stumble across what I need (real example). In my wanderings don't remember a mesa biome, but that would be nice to find as well. Maybe there can be re-settable "mining" pocket worlds with various biomes just to let us get in and grab what we need. The other alternative would be for players to gather what they can from wherever they have a claim, and open an exchange where post offers and needs. I could have plenty of granite, for instance, but not enough hardened clay. I could post a notice stating that I need 4 stacks of clay for a building and offer an exchange in some common currency. I could also offer extreme hills minerals for sale at the same time. A more complex system previously mentioned would be villager-based trading, and that seems to offer many benefits without the laggy dispensing machines and item frames now found in New Era.
chrisfallis

Postby Cyborg27XA » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:07 am

i though pocket world limits were smaller than 15k - is that correct?
Cyborg27XA

Postby Cyborg27XA » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Reread the thread they are smaller - they were 1000 blocks wide by 1000 blocks long.
Can someone from the staff please address the biome issue?

Thank you,
-Cy
Cyborg27XA

PreviousNext