mc.minedlands.com

Minedlands Updating to 1.7

Keep up to date with all the latest info about Minedlands.

Minedlands Updating to 1.7

Postby Isaac_Gonzalez18 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:47 pm

I am pretty sure that most of us by now know how great the 1.7 update is. I know that you want all those cool features in the server too, but we need Bukkit to update to 1.7.2. Minecraft 1.7 is probably to most complicated and larger updates Bukkit has received to update. With all the network code, sound code, and other more lines of code changed, it made Minecraft 1.7 a harder update to update with Bukkit. We need an available CraftBukkit to be able to have plugins.

We have a 1.7 alternative Minedlands server. How did we get that 1.7 server?
Correct, we do have a 1.7 server, but it is not a CraftBukkit. It is a plain server with no plugins. If you noticed there is no GriefPrevention, moderators, or other goodies that we have in Minedlands. We can not possibly update Minedlands to 1.7 with no plugins. It would be a huge mess! To install plugins we need a Craftbukkit.

How big is the 1.7 update from all the other updates?
The 1.7 update is really big in code. Minedlands did take a long time to update to 1.5. The reason it took a long time to update was because our former owner of the server, Jayteescout, wanted a full release of Bukkit 1.5 update for the server. Once Zhro came, he did not wait and updated the server to a Bukkit 1.5 Beta version. This is why the server took long to update to 1.5, but in 1.7 this is not the case. 1.7 changed ~220k lines of code. Because of this, it will take a long time for Bukkit to update to 1.7. Minecraft 1.7 changed a lot more code than Minecraft 1.6. Minecraft 1.7 changed the world generation code, network code, sound code, and other codes were added. In Minecraft 1.6, only very little code was changed, and the rest was just added. It only added horses and other blocks/items.

What is a CraftBukkit Beta version?
A CraftBukkit Beta version is an early development of CraftBukkit. It takes many months for the full release of a new version for CraftBukkit to be released. Like I said, Jayteescout wanted to wait until the full release of CraftBukkit 1.5 to be released, but then Zhro just updated to a beta version.

So we only need a Beta CraftBukkit for 1.7 to update Minedlands?
Wrong. It is not it! We still need our plugins to update. We can not update Minedlands without GriefPrevention, without the ability to do /spawn and /home, without the ability of having name tags on our staff or VIP, without other plugins the staff use, and without a lot other plugins. It will take some time. We do not need EVERY single plugin to update, just the important ones. Also, we need to remember that we will use a Beta version of CraftBukkit, they are not perfect. We will need a pretty good beta version of CraftBukkit. This way we do not have problems. The server will update until there is a good beta version and until our plugins update.

How long will we have to wait then?
Good question. I am pretty sure everyone has asked themselves this question and hoped that this topic would give them the answer. Lucky you! This will :) CraftBukkit 1.7.2 will should have it's first Beta version in 2-4 weeks. Remember, that does not mean the server will update in 2-4 weeks. The server will take some time to update. Sorry for the time you are waiting for, and thank you for your patience.

Cool and all, but one more question. I want to not be the last one to join the server having it updated to 1.7 already and most of the closest new chunks loaded already. What could you do?
Do not worry! You my friend will get a heads up! We will post in the forums some days or the day before we update. We will not update by surprise!

Thank you for your patience once again. Hope you have a nice day!

Have a question about the server updating to 1.7 that you would like to be in this topic? Ask it and I will be glad to answer it for you in this topic :) Remember, other people might have the same question as you, so don't be afraid to ask. :)
<Isaac_Gonzalez18> Happy mining! Or should I say griefing?! Hmmmmmmm...
Isaac_Gonzalez18

Re: Minedlands Updating to 1.7

Postby gratgaisdead » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Yay! The 2nd Great Gap of Simplecraft/Minedlands Population... I guess.
gratgaisdead

Postby Isaac_Gonzalez18 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:23 am

Hehe, don't worry. Before many people did not know how to dowgrade to a version, but now we all know with the launcher ;)
<Isaac_Gonzalez18> Happy mining! Or should I say griefing?! Hmmmmmmm...
Isaac_Gonzalez18

Postby Lizzyluvspandas » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:05 pm

On the 1.7 server my bed got obstructed , My house is so very far away and i can't get there because i need food and i cannot use coordinates. If you can please TP me to mikayla123402 if you can't thats okay i'll try to get there by memory
Lizzyluvspandas

Postby coolness456789 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:49 pm

what's the ip for the 1.7 server?
COOLNESS ROXS
coolness456789

Postby MrBlizzard25 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:22 pm

mc.minedlands.com:25600
have no fear, Blizzard is here!
MrBlizzard25

Postby xdr36 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:24 pm

thanks blizzard ur totally not awesome ;)
xdr36

Postby EL_R » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:18 am

xdr36 wrote:thanks blizzard ur totally not awesome ;)

:lol:

Also, nice to sum it all up Issac its very nice to have someone from staff explain whats going on, very reassuring that you guys are not just...watching us ;).
EL_R

Postby Octaveous » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:22 pm

I have a question. WHY IS THE SERVER IN 1.3!!! I've tried to get on to ask this question, but everytime I try to log on in any of the 1.3 versions I get the message "Connection Lost End of Stream" :?
Octaveous

Postby MrBlizzard25 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:30 pm

the server isn't in 1.3 its in 1.7.2 it just appears as if its in 1.3 when you use an old version like 1.6.4. switch to 1.7 and it should be fine.
have no fear, Blizzard is here!
MrBlizzard25

Next